Monday, December 10, 2007

Snow? In Boise?

I seem to remember when I was a kid that Boise was covered in snow all winter and it was 4 feet deep, all the time. Snowmen fell out of the sky that way and we always had a fire going. Now snow is only seen for maybe 2 weeks of the entire winter, it's always icy, and it never packs well. Either that's global warming or my vision of my childhood is getting worse. Aiden still has never really seen snow and been old enough to remember it, so this is his first year when he'll actually get the concept of snowmen and snowballs and white-washing. And, he'll get it...you know he's going to get it. I took him for a walk outside the first time the snow stuck to the ground. Courtney packaged our little hazmat trooper in so many layers and coats and gloves that he could have left the atmosphere. He still doesn't like shoes with soles. He likes his little Robies. He could barely walk with them on and didn't like to take steps. Mostly he just stood there and leaned different directions while I threw snowballs at him. He seemed to enjoy that. Get used to it, kid. Good start to the winter. Now all that's left is a Christmas tree so he can get sap all over his hands and touch mommy's hair or catch a pine needle in his hand or something festive like that.

1 comment:

Dannenbergs said...

My memory of Boise's snowfall as a child is similar. I have tried to debate it myself. Either my perspective, being lower to the ground, was off or there really was more snow back then.