Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Sick Baby :(

Aiden was kind of acting fussy one afternoon, he took a short nap and seemed to feel better. The next morning, he woke up to a fever of 103 and the reddest cheecks I've ever seen. I gave him tylenol for the fever and knew that there wasn't much else I could do. A couple hours later, he started developing these spots on his face and within five minutes they would double in size...time to go to the doctor.
You can kind of see the spots that were on his eyelids and upper cheecks, you can also see how red his face was. So we went to the Dr. and he was diagnosed with Parvovirus (slap-cheeck virus, because it looks like they were slapped on the cheeck) and a hives breakout. We went home with some benedryl for the hives and were told he would be better in 5-6 days. Blah. Later that day, he threw up a couple of times, all over phil (which he thought was the most disgusting thing in the world).
This is him after a few days of being sick. Still not feeling well. This is his "sick bed", he mostly wanted to lay there all day or lay in my arms all day. I felt so lazy but there was nothing I could do! He watched movies and slept for 3 or 4 days!
This is him now...much better. He is smiling again and laughing and playing. I never thought I would see the day! And I never realized how much I missed it. I'm so glad to have him back!

3 comments:

Dannenbergs said...

I am glad he is feeling better. I could imagine that when he broke out in spots that it would be a little scary.

Trisha said...

I'm glad he's doing better. It's amazing how long a week can be of having a sick kid! You wouldn't think in the course of a week or so you would actually start to feel like their behavior isn't temporary, but that's exactly what happened to me with Keitra when she was sick for a week or two awhile ago. Instead of her usual, easy going and smiley self, she hardly smiled for about 2 weeks. She was also cranky and mad a me frequently because she felt bad and I wasn't fixing it. I felt so awful and was almost afraid I'd never have my happy baby girl back!

Katrina said...

I have never heard of slap-cheek virus. Poor guy.